The official Call for Speakers for the Free Software Conference 2020 – www.SFScon.it -, to be held November 13th and 14th 2020 at NOI Techpark in Bolzano/Bozen, Italy is open until June 30, 2020.
The SFScon is an annual conference dedicated to Free Software in South Tyrol that is aimed in particular at developers, coders and other talents, but also at the general public and decision makers in business and in public administration. SFScon promotes the use of Free Software in IT infrastructures as a tool to achieve greater innovation and competitiveness.
SFScon will definitely take place. If conditions make it necessary, we’ll make it happen for you online.
Through the Call for Speakers, the Conference Committee will accept speaker submissions for possible inclusion in the program.
The proposals should be for lightning talks of 15 minutes including Q&A.
The Conference Committee is particularly interested in submissions on the following topics:
- Open Data & Open Standards
- Linked Data, Temporal Data, etc.
- Internet of Things
- Cybersecurity, Sensors, Intelligent Networks, etc.
- Data Analytics
- Data Harmonization, Data Integration, Data Visualization, etc.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Virtual Assistant, etc.
- Free Open Source Software Economics
- Free Open Source Software Business Models
- Contributing to Free Open Source Software
- Cultural Change, Continuous Integration, Programming Languages, Business Cases, Public Money – Public Code
- Community Building, Continuous Innovation, Design Thinking and Agile methods
The Conference Committee will evaluate and select the proposals that focus and have a very concrete approach to those topics. These are suggested topics. Other topics may be taken into consideration.
To be considered, interested speakers should submit proposals using the form below by June 30, 2020.
Submissions must include:
- the proposed presentation title;
- an informative talk abstract (min. 350 characters);
- contact information (only for organization purposes);
- description of the relevance to Free Software & Open Technologies;
- speaker’s bio (min. 350 characters)
- speaker’s nationality, company/organization and role;
- a square picture (600×600 pixel) for the speakers’ section https://www.sfscon.it/speakers/.
Additional info (not mandatory):
- speaker’s website and/or social link (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
All information must be provided in English.
All speakers must adhere to the 100% vendor neutral / no commercial policy of the conference. If speakers cannot respect this policy, they should not submit a proposal.
By sending a Call4Speaker proposal I authorize NOI AG/Spa to carry out during the event video, photos and/or audio recordings of the participants. I have read the data protection statement and agree to the processing of my personal data at this url: www.sfscon.it/privacy/
In addition, see also the SFScon Code of Conduct here.
Sponsorship opportunities for the SFScon are available here.