CALL4SPEAKERS CLOSED: SELECTION CLOSED, PROGRAMME IN PROGRESS!
Thank you for making Call4Speakers 2023 a resounding success! The speaker selection process has now concluded and we are actively finalising the programme. Please note that the programme is subject to change and will be continuously updated until the conference opens.
The official Call for Speakers for the Free Software Conference 2023 – www.SFSCON.it -, to be held November 10th and 11th 2023 at NOI Techpark in Bolzano/Bozen, Italy is open until June 30th, 2023.
The SFSCON is an annual conference dedicated to Free Software in South Tyrol that is aimed in particular at developers, coders and other talents, but also at the general public and decision makers in business and in public administration. SFSCON promotes the use of Free Software in IT infrastructures as a tool to achieve greater innovation and competitiveness.
All speakers must be present to deliver their talk from the SFSCON stages.
Through the Call for Speakers, the Conference Committee will accept speaker submissions for possible inclusion in the program.
The proposals should be for lightning talks of 15 minutes including Q&A.
The Conference Committee is particularly interested in submissions on the following topics:
- Open Data & Open Standards
- Linked Data, Temporal Data, Data Spaces
- Internet of Things
- Cybersecurity, Sensors, Intelligent Networks, Mobile Infrastructure
- Data Analytics
- Data Harmonization, Data Integration, Data Visualization
- Artificial Intelligence
- Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Virtual Assistant, Intelligent Autonomous Agents
- Free Open Source Software Economics
- Business Models, Business Cases, Public Money – Public Code
- Contributing to Free Open Source Software and Community Building
- Cultural Change, Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment, Programming Languages, Strategies, Policies
- Innovate in a fast paced world
- Continuous Innovation, Design Thinking, Agile methods
- Low-Code and No-Code Movement, Decentralized Applications (DApps), Blockchain technologies
- Digital technologies for healthcare (Data4SmartHealth 2023) dedicated to research, industry, public administration and third sector actors. E.g.:
- open source e-health applications;
- IoT for healthcare;
- medical imaging;
- cognitive and physical training and rehabilitation;
- artificial intelligence-based methodologies and techniques for supporting well-being;
- techniques to support Intelligent hospitals.
The Conference Committee will evaluate and select the proposals that focus on and have a very concrete approach to these topics. These are suggested topics.
Other topics may also be taken into consideration.
Interested speakers should submit proposals using the submission button below by June 30th, 2023.
Submissions must include:
- the proposed presentation title;
- an informative talk abstract (min. 350 characters);
- contact information (only for organization purposes);
- description of the relevance to Free Software & Open Technologies;
- speaker’s bio (min. 350 characters)
- speaker’s nationality, company/organization and role;
- a square picture (600×600 pixel) for the speakers’ section https://www.sfscon.it/speakers/.
Additional info (not mandatory):
- speaker’s website and/or social link (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
All information must be provided in English.
Once the submission period ends, our team will review and define the talks that will be presented at the conference. The conference programme will be finalised by September and speakers will be notified accordingly.
All speakers must adhere to the 100% vendor neutral / no commercial policy of the conference. If speakers cannot respect this policy, they should not submit a proposal. In addition, see also the SFSCON Code of Conduct here.
Sponsorship Opportunities for the SFSCON are available here.
→ Unleash your ideas: submit your proposal and take the stage at SFSCON 2023!Submit your proposal